Ms. Taveras also represents hedge funds, private equity funds, banks and large institutional investors in the development and execution of distressed investment strategies.
Ms. Taveras serves as co-chair of the firm’s Attorneys of Color Affinity Group. She is also a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee.
Ms. Taveras is fluent in Spanish.
- Ambassadors International, Inc. (debtor)
- ATI Education, Inc. (secured lenders)
- Avaya, Inc. (ad hoc group of second lien and first lien holders)
- BPZ Resources, Inc. (debtor)
- Brookstone, Inc. (DIP lender/ad hoc bondholder committee)
- FiberTower Corporation (ad hoc committee of secured noteholders)
- Haggen Holdings, Inc. (debtor)
- Indianapolis Downs, LLC (ad hoc committee of noteholders)
- Iracore International Holdings, Inc. (ad hoc bondholder committee)
- LightSquared, Inc. (secured lender)
- School Specialty, Inc. (DIP lender/ad hoc bondholder committee)
- SFX Entertainment, Inc. (DIP lender/ad hoc bondholder committee)
- Veritas Financial Partners (selling stockholders)
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute, 2017
- Member, Pro Bono Council, Sanctuary For Families, 2014–present
- Co-author, "What Conduct is Required to Designate Votes Pursuant to Bankruptcy Code Section 1126(e)?" Norton Annual Survey, 2014
- Co-author, "The Preemption of Contractual Anti-Assignment Provisions in Bankruptcy: A Survey of Cases from FCX to Federal-Mogul," Norton Annual Survey, 2013
New York, 2011; New Jersey, 2010
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2011; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2011
J.D., Pace University School of Law, 2010
B.A., New York University, 2007