Prior to joining Stroock, Mr. Lee was an associate in the real estate group of an Am Law 200 firm for five years and, prior to that, was the Assistant Executive Attorney of the Board on Professional Responsibility for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Lee has represented:
- Columbia Property Trust in ongoing leasing work, including office and retail leases and lease amendments at Market Square, a two-building complex in Washington, DC that includes retail, residential, office and a national memorial, and Columbia Property Trust’s recently acquired building at 116 Huntington Avenue in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Beacon Capital Partners in ongoing leasing work at Lafayette Centre, a 784,000-square-foot three-building office complex in Washington, DC.
- Cisco Systems, as tenant, in connection with several leasing matters at locations throughout the United States.
- TF Cornerstone, Skanska CDUS, J.P.Morgan, American Real Estate Partners and numerous other clients in ongoing leasing work in the DC area.
- A leading international stock exchange in connection with all leasing matters, including negotiation of a lease and license agreement for office space and a billboard in Times Square; negotiation of a lease for office, meeting, conference and classroom space (including a retail component) in San Francisco; negotiation of a 75,000-square-foot office lease in Philadelphia; and lease and due diligence review in connection with the acquisition of several global companies.
- A landlord of numerous outlet shopping centers throughout the United States in connection with over 100 leases, lease modifications and lease termination agreements.
Mr. Lee has represented:
- Carr Properties, a Washington, DC-based real estate operating company in connection with a $62,000,000 construction loan for the development of an office building in Arlington, Virginia.
- A multi-billion dollar publicly-traded real estate investment trust in connection with the acquisition and financing of approximately 30 senior living facilities throughout the country and the leasing of those facilities to senior living operators.
- A senior living manager in connection with the acquisition, development and management of 20 senior living facilities throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
- A German investment company in the $150,000,000 acquisition of a single-tenant office building in Boston, Massachusetts.
- A publicly-traded real estate investment trust in the acquisition (and related franchising) of numerous premium-branded, focused-service and compact full-service hotels.
- A major non-profit in connection with a sale/leaseback transaction of its headquarters building in Washington, DC.
- Member and Editor, Books and Media, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law (RPTE), American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2006; Associate Editor, Georgetown University Law Journal
B.A., magna cum laude, Tufts University, 2003