Prior to joining Stroock, Ms. Doukas was an associate at a boutique law firm specializing in land use and zoning in New York City. She has experience in preparing and presenting applications before the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals, New York City Department of City Planning and the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission. She is well-informed on city-wide land use initiatives and is experienced in analyzing and interpreting the New York City Zoning Resolution, the New York City Building Code, the New York State Multiple Dwelling Law, and other administrative agencies’ rules and regulations.
- A New York City developer in land use matters impacting a number of their Manhattan properties in the redevelopment of public plazas and ground floor enlargements.
- A New York City developer in interpretive appeals matters regarding the Zoning Resolution and Building Code before the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals.
- A New York City property owner in the representation of a New York City Department of City Planning Special Permit application to allow for a change in use of the building.
Honors & Awards
- New York Real Estate Journal, Women in Real Estate: Professional Services Spotlight
- Co-author, “City Planning Commission Approves East Midtown Subdistrict,” Stroock Special Bulletin, June 15, 2017
Admitted To Practice
New York, 2015
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 2012
B.S., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2009
In The Spotlight
NewsBack To Full Bio
November 2, 2018 | GlobeSt
Stroock Real Estate Team Featured in “City Council Approves Madison Realty’s Queens Housing and School Project”
November 1, 2018 | Press Release
Stroock Wins Approval for Madison Realty Capital’s 500K-Square-Foot Development in Queens
September 18, 2018 | New York Real Estate Journal
Karen Scanna and Ashley Doukas Featured in New York Real Estate Journal's 2018 Women in Real Estate: Professional Services Spotlight
PublicationsBack To Full Bio
June 13, 2019 | Stroock Special Bulletin
Charter Commission Approves Proposals That Could Reshape NYC Land Use and Zoning
April 23, 2019 | Stroock Special Bulletin
The Charter Commission 2019 Recommendations That Could Reshape NYC Land Use and Zoning
January 14, 2019 | Commercial Observer
“The Charter Proposals That Could Reshape NYC Land Use”
June 15, 2017 | Stroock Special Bulletin
"City Planning Commission Approves East Midtown Subdistrict"