Heather Pergola Human Resources Generalist
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Systems Administrator in its IT department. Reporting to the Office Technology Manager and Office Technology Assistant Manager, the Systems Administrator will provide exceptional technical support and daily administration of systems that support firm technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2016/2019, Office 365, iManage, VoIPand other ancillary applications. This individual will work closely with our Infrastructure and Endpoint Engineering teams to solve complex problems and where required work with vendors to collect logs, test fixes and provide feedback.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, operational processes and where necessary make suggestions for improving inefficiencies.
- Administer, maintain and troubleshoot hardware, software, printers and phones.
- Install and test computer related equipment when necessary, and make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain and support user remote access including VPN and Citrix solutions.
- Maintain and support mobile devices (firm-provided and personal), and support mobile device connectivity for Mobile Device Management and ActiveSync systems.
- Assure reliable and consistent operation of network infrastructure including LAN, WAN and Internet connections. Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Proactively manage, administer and maintain Telephony and Unified Communication systems.
- Evaluate and modify system settings and performance, in line with firm technology standards.
- Provide, enforce and maintain best practices around information security.
Maintain and update operational IT tickets assigned to and circulated between Service Desk, Office Technology, Endpoint Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering teams.
- Effectively able to communicate with all employees and staff at all levels.
- Maintain and administer audio/visual equipment, and work with IT personnel in other locations on firm-wide or multi-location events.
- Assist in other IT functions and projects as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with firm procedures and technology.
- Identify and escalate involved or urgent problems to the appropriate Tier support teams.
- Track issues to resolution, updating the internal knowledgebase and/or communicating learnings with relevant business units.
Skills and Requirements:
The Systems Administrator will have a minimum of five years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment, with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar. This role requires working knowledge of system configurations, vulnerabilities and security issues, and the ability to work on multiple projects while meeting deadline demands in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position requires experience with the following technology:
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2016/2019, Office 2016/365
- iManage, Workshare, Innova, Adobe Acrobat and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Mobile Device Management platforms
- Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, Powershell
- PC desktop and laptop hardware and imaging technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills
The responsibilities of this position require a strong team-player with a positive attitude and helpful, supportive telephone manner who can juggle several tasks simultaneously and work effectively under pressure. The Administrator must be organized and detail oriented and demonstrate good judgment in responding to people and situations. The position also requires dedication and commitment and the flexibility to work additional hours as needed. Ability to work independently.
Perks and Benefits Include:
- Health benefits – day one
- Annual 401k profit sharing
- Generous PTO plan