Senior Human Resources Manager
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Research Analyst in its Library department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote research assistance to the attorneys, legal assistants and administrative departments, as necessary, for all Stroock offices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for in-depth and complex case, statue, company and business research with the ability to acquire, organize and disseminate information using the latest technologies in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- Assist in orientation of new attorneys and paralegals to library services, procedures and policies.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable news and other resources that are of interest to the firms different practice groups.
- Cross trained to be able to perform basic research pertaining to corporate transactional requests.
- Responsible for keeping current with new and developing trends in research and technology while developing continued expertise by attending CLE programs provided by in-house vendors, AALL, LLAGNY or other local librarian associations.
- Maintain library materials available on the firm’s intranet portal (SharePoint).
Skills and Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s in Library Services (equivalent experience will be considered).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to changing work situations, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Bloomberg, Accurint, Courtlink, Wolters Kluwer’s Cheetah, Internet, MS Office Professional Plus and SharePoint.
Perks and Benefits:
- Health benefits – day one
- Annual 401k profit sharing
- Generous PTO plan