Human Resources Manager
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Recruiting Coordinator in our Legal Personnel and Recruiting department. This role will report directly to the Director of Talent and Inclusion and will be responsible for the organization, planning and execution of the summer associate and on-campus recruiting programs.
- Responsible for the full-cycle recruitment of students. This includes reviewing and selecting resumes, eliciting feedback from partners/associates, coordinating offers and follow-up; conduct new hire orientation and periodic check-ins with new associates.
- Manage and participate in the organization and preparation of the summer associate program, including but not limited to planning of the calendar, weekly follow-up with the summer associates as well as with those involved in running the program, planning/overseeing and attending events, program troubleshooting and encouraging attorneys to attend various summer programs; work closely with Professional Development Department with respect to on-boarding and training programs.
- Play a key role in planning and executing the firm’s on-campus recruiting efforts, including coordination with the law school placement offices/hotels regarding resume selection, coordinating schedules for interviews; interviewing candidates and other recruiting-related tasks.
- Work closely with the Director of Talent and Inclusion in the selection of campus interviewers, organize OCI materials, prep and debrief on-campus interviewers; interact with law students during on-campus recruiting events, as well as manage follow-up efforts.
- Stay abreast and up-to-date on recruiting issues and best practices in the legal industry and make recommendations, as appropriate; participate in NYCRA and NALP events.
- Assist the Director of Talent and Inclusion with the employment visa application process, including the completion and filing of necessary paperwork and monitoring the application process.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain close communication with candidates, colleagues, law school student groups, professional organizations, and external recruiters.
- Responsible for collecting and submitting data for various recruiting-related annual surveys.
- Responsible for other projects as needed by the Director of Talent and Inclusion.
Other Skills and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three plus years of experience in a similar role in a law firm
- Strong administrative and computer skills (in-depth knowledge of Lawcruit, Symplicity and viDesktop is a plus)
- Strong communications skills (writing and speaking); must be able to communicate effectively at all levels