March 1, 2021
Stroock, an AmLaw firm with more than 250 attorneys nationwide, has an immediate opening for a real estate paralegal. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing paralegal services to partners and associates in the Real Estate department. This role will also provide paralegal support to other departments and staff members as needed. The qualified candidate must be able to hit the ground running and exhibit a positive, helpful attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and assist supervising attorneys with due diligence and the closing of various real estate transactions: including acquisitions, dispositions and loans.
- Prepare closing checklists, file folders and arrange for the duplication and distribution of documents and closing binders.
- Perform title and survey reviews, title objection letters, responses to title objection letters, abstract title documents and leases.
- Interact with clients, counterparties, title companies, surveyors, service companies and government agencies.
- Prepare and file UCC documents, transfer tax forms and similar governmental filings.
- Order and review searches for title, violations, liens and arrange PZR and similar reports and searches through service companies.
- Conduct entity searches, file and/or prepare formation documents (articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, organizational minutes, etc.), resolutions, consents, notices, qualifications and dissolutions.
- Prepare and arrange for transmittal of correspondence, legal documents etc. Follow up to assure timely and accurate delivery.
- Proofread documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Prepare signature blocks and arrange for client execution and, where necessary, notarization. Perform or arrange for duplication and/or binding of documents as required.
- Organize and maintain client files in compliance with firm procedures.
- Perform various other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (paralegal certificate is a plus).
- 3 plus years of commercial real estate experience in a law firm.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High ethical standards and professional integrity.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and quick multi-tasker.
- Computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office.
- Notary Public license a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime.