Kerryann Waldron Human Resources Manager
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm has an opening for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join its thriving Marketing team focused on creating and implementing new, strategic initiatives to further enhance the visibility of the firm and its lawyers. The candidate will work closely with members of the Marketing Department on a wide range of profile and brand enhancing initiatives, with a focus on social media. The ideal candidate is an experienced and passionate curator of social media who will support the Stroock brand, raising its visibility across a full suite of digital content, social media and traditional channels.
Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Content & Social Media
• Execute on content campaigns to drive engagement with clients, prospective clients and recruits across the Stroock’s social media channels; create and manage internal and external content on platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and the firm’s Intranet.
• Gather and analyze metrics on the firm’s social media KPIs and competitive landscape; proactively provide recommendations to the Marketing department for enhancement.
• Provide tailored advice on social media best practices.
• Provide training to firm attorneys and professionals on maximizing their social media presence and leveraging thought leadership content.
• In collaboration with other members of the marketing department, create and deploy innovative social media campaigns.
• Partner with team members on creation and dissemination of infographics and images to complement social media posts, website news stories, news coverage and social media reports.
• Keep abreast of social media industry trends, tools and regulations.
• Draft award nominations, website announcements and text for other potential marketing and business development uses.
• Execute communications campaigns and ongoing initiatives to promote client matter outcomes and milestones, personnel developments and other newsworthy activity.
• Research conferences, events, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, and work with Marketing department colleagues to propose and coordinate participation.
• Participate in other communications and business development projects, as needed.
• The candidate must have outstanding editing and writing skills, the ability to adapt marketing content for various audiences, mediums, and outlets; a strong grasp of legal and business writing fundamentals; and a keen ability to ensure one voice across practice-related marketing materials.
• Must be a self-starter, diligent and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
• Must have demonstrated experience in a high-volume, deadline-based environment.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Ability to collaborate across teams and functions
Qualifications & Prior Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or related field
• Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience in marketing or communications, preference given for experience in legal, professional services or financial services.
• Experience utilizing various social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) for promoting content or thought leadership
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Perks and benefits include
• Health benefits – day one
• Annual 401k profit sharing
• Generous PTO plan