Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal in its litigation department. The Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for providing paralegal services to partners and associates in the litigation department. This role will also provide paralegal support to other departments and staff members as needed. The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running with little training and exhibit a positive, helpful attitude.
- Work with partners, associates and support staff.
- Cite checking/Bluebooking to ensure the validity of cites and accuracy of references in briefs.
- Perform research using litigation support programs such as Westlaw, Lexis, IPRO, Relativity, Best Authority, Sanctions and TextMap.
- Prepare for depositions and organizational meetings: organize potential exhibits, digesting, vendor sourcing, and deposition locations.
- Assist with trial preparation, trial witnesses, exhibits, and subpoenas.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4-7 years of general litigation experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- High ethical standards and professional integrity.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and litigation support programs.
- Knowledge of appellate practice, motion practice, discovery, and court rules.
- Familiarity with NYS regulations, new rules and procedures of the Court/Judges.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Notary Public license a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
The above is only a current general description of the essential duties and responsibilities associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The firm may change any job description, in whole or in part, at any time, including adding, removing or otherwise alerting any job duty or responsibility, in its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise changes the at-will nature of employment at Stroock.