Heather Pergola, Human Resources Generalist
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Business Systems Developer in our IT department. Under the direction of the Manager of Endpoint Engineering, the Business Systems Developer works closely with Finance, Accounting, Billing, Records Management, Human Resources and firm Business Units. The ideal candidate will develop, enhance and support business processes to solve organizational problems and improve business outcomes that give the firm a distinct advantage among our peer firms.
Day-to-day responsibilities and characteristics:
- Primary technical owner of finance, billing and accounting systems and all related data. The candidate must ensure these services are uninterrupted for continued business operations and act as the SME.
- Offer recommendations on which platform, environment or technology to use in creating a solution. This includes whether to use windows or web based solution, which programming language and methodology to use, how best to test the solution, and how the deployment should occur within the firm.
- Use Aderant tools to create and modify desktop billing modules, accounting forms, views and dashboards. Convert Aderant and other legacy reports into SSRS and Qlik.
- Design database solutions utilizing required tables and fields. Establish proper table relationships, primary keys, and foreign key fields to ensure data integrity. Design and code stored procedures, cursors and views. Ensure ETL processes are optimized and error free.
- Perform administrative tasks needed for applications to ensure systems are optimized; security policies should ensure appropriate access level based on roles. Communicate with other IT stakeholders to ensure applications conform to all standards and security guidelines.
- Continuously look to optimize processes and develop efficient business solutions that will improve productivity.
- Build and maintain automated tasks using tools such as, but not limited to, IntApp Integrate, IntApp Flow, Metastorm, stored procedures, and custom code/scripting.
- Work alongside and act as a backup to the primary DBA. This may include tasks such as adjusting/creating maintenance plans, managing logs, creating/restoring databases, migrating databases and working with SQL AlwaysOn.
- Responsible for the systems patching processes inclusive of OS, applications, security and critical patches. Endpoint technology patching is inclusive of Microsoft, Aderant, IntApp, Anti-malware, and all firm managed applications. Will coordinate the communication of required patches and deadlines to all system owners.
- Professionally represent the Endpoint Engineering team when engaging with other technical teams, stakeholders and vendors.
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve any problems that may occur in a production environment. These solutions may require you to update, maintain, modify, compile and deploy existing programs and applications.
- Work with vendors, and internal stakeholders to gather business requirements and ensure solutions meet or exceed those requirements.
- Collaborate with the Training group to document workflows for new applications and assist in the creation of technical documentation where applicable.
Other qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience (legal experience preferred).
- Experience with Aderant tools such as Expert Image, Docudraft, End User Painter, Design Studio, DB Editor, Generic Importer, DB Generator, Classic Framework and Services Framework is a plus.
- Developer should also be proficient with MS Office applications primarily Word and Excel, and should be able to develop and support VBA based macros and Office integrated Visual Studio Applications.
- Experience with XML, Crystal Reports, SSRS, iManage, CMS, Qlik, IntApp Integrate is preferred but not required.
- The candidate will be expected to keep abreast of new developments in the IT field.
- Excellent listening skills and written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills and ability to mentor peers on various topics.
- Familiarity with endpoint operations and planning.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
Perks and benefits include:
- Health benefits – day one
- Annual 401k profit sharing
- Generous PTO plan
- Company provided MiFi device
- Monthly reimbursements for mobile data plan and much more