Human Resources Manager
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Business Development Assistant, in our Business Development & Marketing department. The ideal candidate will have experience in the implementation of strategic plans to assist attorneys and managers in generating new business leads and clients. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, you will work closely with the other members of the Business Development & Marketing department to plan various firm and client events, assist in the writing of practice descriptions, marketing materials, lawyer bios, web content and presentations for the firm’s various practice areas.
• Work closely with the BD Managers in the creation of a client experience database; manage client relationships in CRM and ERM; assist in the development of digital strategy.
• Assist in the creation of pitches, proposals and responses to RFP’s.
• Plan, coordinate and support firm events seminars, webinars, conferences, including but not limited to preparing firm materials, promotional items and attendee registration.
• Provide support to the attorneys and the BD Managers in connection with the firm’s strategic planning and related initiatives; conducting and analyzing market, sector and competitor research for target clients and industries.
• Research ways to increase the firm’s visibility, and reach as they relate to prospective clients and business.
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other related field preferred
• Three to five years of business development and marketing experience in a law firm environment or other professional services firm preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, InterAction, website managing systems and e-marketing software.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build credibility and trust with attorneys.
• Excellent project management skills, and must work well under pressure with deadlines; must be a team player, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
Perks and Benefits Include:
• Health benefits – day one
• Annual 401k profit sharing
• Generous PTO plan