Senior Human Resources Manager
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk in it Accounting department. This position handles the firms high volume vendors and requires excellent interpersonal, writing and speaking skills. The candidate must be able to exercise the ability to maintain confidentiality, practice good judgment, follow-through on assigned tasks and work with all levels of firm management. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle several tasks while remaining organized. Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency is a must. The responsibilities of this position requires a strong team player with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Verification of all vendor invoices for proper documentation and approval
- Data entry of invoices into financial system
- Preparation of check run and ad hock check requests
- Reconciliation and research of vendor statements
- Assist Cash Receipts Clerk with application of client payments on an as needed basis
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in a law firm or professional services industry
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience using a recognized financial software system such as Elite, Aderant, etc.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word.
Perks and benefits include:
- Health benefits – day one
- Annual 401k profit sharing
- Generous PTO plan
Stroock is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.stroock.com for information about our firm.