American Conference Institute’s 4th Bank & Non-Bank Forum on Mortgage Servicing Compliance
Stroock Special Counsel Benjamin Diehl will be speaking at American Conference Institute’s 4th Bank & Non-Bank Forum on Mortgage Servicing Compliance. The conference will be held on June 25-26, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
Mr. Diehl will participate in the panel discussion "Strategies for Servicers in Achieving Effective Customer Complaint Management." The panel will provide detailed discussions on:
- Recent heightened CFPB oversight of complaint management within the mortgage servicing industry
- What aspects of the complaint handling process are the CFPB most closely looking at?
- Tips and best practices for monitoring, analyzing, responding to and reporting complaints so as to avoid CFPB targeting
- Employing an effective complaint management system that both meets compliance demands and improves your operations
- Effectively reviewing your current problem resolution and complaint processes
- The importance of training your front-line personnel and tips for doing so
- Ensuring that customers fully understand the terms and conditions or a particular financial product or service; ensuring that they are made aware of changes in terms
- The importance of timeliness in responding to complaints
- Utilizing the CFPB Complaint Database to minimize litigation risk
- The CFPB’s proposal to make complaint narratives on the CFPB Complaint Database publicly available soon – what will the implications of this be?