American Conference Institute: Residential Mortgage Litigation & Enforcement WEST
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Los Angeles, CA
Stroock Special Counsel Benjamin G. Diehl will be speaking at the Residential Mortgage Litigation & Enforcement WEST conference sponsored by the American Conference Institute. The event will take place January 16-17, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA.
Mr. Diehl will participate in the discussion "Regulatory and Enforcement Roundtable: The View from Federal and State Agencies and Attorneys General on How to Prepare for and Respond to Examinations and Supervision in a Multi-Agency Environment" at 11:15am on the first day of the conference.
The event will provide attendees with up to the minute insights and strategies that are necessary to defend against new claims and adapt to the evolving regulatory landscape. A faculty of regulatory and enforcement officials, judges, expert in house counsel, and leading outside counsel will provide attendees with strategic advice, critical insights, and comprehensive updates for:
- The CFPB's regulatory and enforcement agenda: post-implementation overview and what to expect going forward
- Federal and state regulatory and enforcement insights in a multi-agency environment
- Key state nuances and developments in hotbed jurisdictions, including California
- The borrower's perspective: insights from the plaintiffs' bar
- Fair lending: managing and defending against claims of predatory and discriminatory lending and assessing the status of 'disparate impact' in lending litigation and enforcement
- Forced place insurance, HAMP and impound accounts litigation: ongoing trends in residential mortgage class actions
- Pivotal residential mortgage issues currently in play and coming down the pike from the U.S. Supreme Court
- Foreclosure litigation: standing and claims relating to MERS, contested foreclosures, and responding to borrower counterclaims & stall tactics
- Loan servicing: complying with new and emerging regulations, employing best practices, defending against borrower claims, and implementing effective loss mitigation strategies
- Third-party vendor management in the mortgage servicing context
For more information, please visit http://www.americanconference.com/2014/890/residential-mortgage-litigation--enforcement-west.