IMN and SFIG's ABS Vegas 2014
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Stroock will be a sponsor of the Information Management Network (IMN) and the Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) event, ABS Vegas 2014. The event will take place January 21-24, 2014 in Las Vegas, NV.
The three-and-a-half day program, developed by leaders who represent the most active firms in ABS, will feature coverage of the most pressing issues facing the marketplace.
Partners Rick Fried and Boris Ziser will also speak at the event.
Mr. Ziser will moderate the workshop discussion "Esoterics 101" on the first day of the conference at 3:40pm. Topics will cover:
- What is an esoteric asset?
- Challenges in securitizing esoteric assets
- Challenges faced by most esoteric assets
- Challenges unique to certain esoteric assets
- Completing the deal how to navigate around the challenges; successes and failures
- Future of esoteric assets
- Which esoteric ABS classes are appealing to investors, and why?
- Which esoteric ABS classes are merely trends and which are here to stay?
Mr. Fried will participate in the panel discussion "Private and Public SLABS Issuance Outlook" on Thursday, January 23 at 2:20pm. Topics will cover:
- State of the Market
- 2012 - 2013 Activity
- FFELP Transactions
- Refinancing Old Trusts
- Refinancing Straight- A Funding
- Secondary Market Acquisitions
- Private Credit Transactions
- Regulatory Update
- Challenges Facing the Market
- Diminishing FFELP Volume
- Why is the Private Credit Market Not Larger Given the Need for this Product?
- Legal and Regulatory Concerns
- Future of SLABS
- Where is the Market Headed?
- What is the Role of the Private Sector?
- Will FFELP Return and, if so, in What Form?
For more information, please visit http://www.imn.org/structured-finance/conference/ABS-Vegas-2014/Home.html