June 8, 2010
|9:00am - 3:30pm
New York, NY
180 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
8:30 – 9:00 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Welcome and Introduction of Keynote Speaker
Jeff Meyers, Chair, Energy and Project Finance Practice, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
How Regulatory and Legislative Initiatives Are Driving Investment in the Energy Industry
Keynote Speaker: Suedeen Kelly, Former Commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Resolving Conflicts Between Merchant Transmission and Planning and Incentives for Regulated Transmission Backstop Solutions
Moderator: Jon Mostel, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Milovan Blair, Vice President of System and Transmission Operations, Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.
- Perry Cole, Managing Director, Energy Capital Partners
- Steve Herling, Vice President of Planning, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Ed Krapels, President and Chief Executive Officer, Anbaric Transmission
- Christopher Seiple, Senior Vice President, General Electric Energy Financial Services
Current Outlook for Energy M&A
Moderator: Richard Madris, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- James Metcalfe, Global Head of Power and Utilities, Managing Director, UBS Investment Bank
- John Plaster, Managing Director and Head of Alternative Energy, Barclays Capital
- John Rohde, Vice President, Business Development, GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.
- Andrew Walters, Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
The Potential Impact of Current Derivatives Regulatory Proposals on the Energy Industry
Moderator: Scott Le Bouef, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Charles Cerria, Associate General Counsel-Trading, Hess Energy Trading Company, LLC
- Mark Lenczowski, Managing Director, Associate General Counsel, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Nicole Russell, General Counsel, Mercuria Energy Trading Inc.
- Randall Osteen, General Counsel, Constellation Energy Commodities Group, Inc.
How Evolving Carbon Policy Affects Energy Investment Decisions
Moderator: Richard Kessel, President and Chief Executive Officer, New York Power Authority
- James Landreth, Vice President of Fossil and Hydro Operations, SCANA Corporation
- Drew Murphy, Northeast Regional President, NRG Energy, Inc.
- Tina Reine, Carbon Markets Manager, NextEra Energy Resources
- Jiddu Tapia, Chief Development Officer, Gamesa Energy, Inc.