Evolving Power Industry Directions
New York, NY
180 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the Continuing Legal Education Board. CLE Credit will be granted to attorneys.
8:30 - 9:00 am
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Welcome and Introduction of Keynote Speaker
Jeff Meyers, Chair, Energy and Project Finance Practice, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
How Regulatory and Legislative Initiatives Are Driving Investment in the Energy Industry
Keynote Speaker: Suedeen Kelly, Former Commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Resolving Conflicts Between Merchant Transmission and Planning and Incentives for Regulated Transmission Backstop Solutions
Moderator: Jon Mostel, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Milovan Blair, Vice President of System and Transmission Operations, Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc.
- Perry Cole, Managing Director, Energy Capital Partners
- Steve Herling, Vice President of Planning, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Ed Krapels, President and Chief Executive Officer, Anbaric Transmission
- Christopher Seiple, Senior Vice President, General Electric Energy Financial Services
Current Outlook for Energy M&A
Moderator: Richard Madris, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- James Metcalfe, Global Head of Power and Utilities, Managing Director, UBS Investment Bank
- John Plaster, Managing Director and Head of Alternative Energy, Barclays Capital
- John Rohde, Vice President, Business Development, GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.
- Andrew Walters, Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
The Potential Impact of Current Derivatives Regulatory Proposals on the Energy Industry
Moderator: Scott Le Bouef, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Charles Cerria, Associate General Counsel-Trading, Hess Energy Trading Company, LLC
- Mark Lenczowski, Managing Director, Associate General Counsel, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Nicole Russell, General Counsel, Mercuria Energy Trading Inc.
- Randall Osteen, General Counsel, Constellation Energy Commodities Group, Inc.
How Evolving Carbon Policy Affects Energy Investment Decisions
Moderator: Richard Kessel, President and Chief Executive Officer, New York Power Authority
- James Landreth, Vice President of Fossil and Hydro Operations, SCANA Corporation
- Drew Murphy, Northeast Regional President, NRG Energy, Inc.
- Tina Reine, Carbon Markets Manager, NextEra Energy Resources
- Jiddu Tapia, Chief Development Officer, Gamesa Energy, Inc.
To RSVP, visit www.stroock.com/energy2010. If you have questions, please contact Eridilia Victoria at 212.806.5748 or [email protected].