American Conference Institute’s Third National Forum on CFIUS & Team Telecom
Stroock Special Counsel Anne Salladin will be participating in the American Conference Institute’s Third National Forum on CFIUS & Team Telecom on February 1, 2017 in Washington, DC.
Ms. Salladin will be speaking on a panel with the Former Deputy U.S. Trade Representative and Member of CFIUS and the Former Assistant Secretary for International Affairs, U.S. Department of Treasury entitled "How to Manage Heightened CFIUS Scrutiny and Sensitivities Affecting the Fate of the Deal: Special Legal, Financing, PR and Political Considerations to Incorporate into Your Strategy."
The panel will discuss multiple topics, including:
- Is there a difference in CFIUS’ approach to reviewing Chinese acquisitions vs. others?
- Trends in buyers, industries, deal structures, financing concerns and outcomes of CFIUS reviews
- How much more information is required at the filing and subsequent stages
- Anticipated timeframe for the review, and the risk of delays
- When it is necessary to withdraw and re-file with CFIUS
- Successful approaches to managing heighted sensitivities that are specific to China: Lessons from recent transactions on managing PR, Congressional opposition and CFIUS concerns