Trusts and Estates Paralegal
Date Posted: November 20, 2018
Office: New York
Senior HR Generalist/Recruiter
Stroock, a major Wall Street law firm, has an opening for a Personal Client Services (Trusts and Estates) Paralegal with a minimum of 7 years of trust and estate experience. The successful candidate must be a well-organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to prepare fiduciary accountings and tax returns. Familiarity with relevant property, tax, and trust and estate law concepts is a must, as well as post-mortem estate and income tax planning. The PCS Paralegal must possess strong communication skills and be able to interface successfully with firm clients, partners, and associates as well as attorneys and professionals from other law firms, companies, financial institutions, foundations etc. Because work is frequently done with tight deadlines, the successful candidate must consistently produce an accurate work product while managing simultaneous projects and working independently to prioritize and complete assignments on time.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- In-depth understanding of probate and estate administration.
- Handle all aspects of trust and estate administration, including: marshaling assets and arrange for their valuation as necessary; maintaining and analyzing financial records; bill payment and checkbook balancing; computing and implementing the distribution of income and assets to beneficiaries and trust; and computing executor and trustee commissions.
- Surrogate's Court practice: review and interpret wills and trust agreements; prepare and file all documents required to prove Wills; draft receipt and release agreements, disclaimers, affidavits, petitions; handle issuance and revocation of letters, trustee matters, settlement of judicial accountings and other miscellaneous proceedings including overseeing service on interested parties and charitable filings with the office of the Attorney General.
- Prepare federal and state estate tax returns and gift tax returns.
- Prepare judicial and informal accountings.
- Review fiduciary income tax returns and monitor deadlines.
- Maintain familiarity with periodic changes in estate, trust and tax laws.
- Fast-Tax FPS Fiduciary Accounting System (Zane), Fast-Tax FPS 706-709
- Brentmark NumberCruncher
- EstateWorks or similar software
- Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Stroock is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about Stroock, please visit, www.stroock.com