Stroock’s full-service Intellectual Property practice combines legal excellence and business-minded counsel to give clients an edge in developing, protecting and monetizing their intellectual property assets. Stroock’s clients benefit from the resources of a national law firm as well as the strategic advice and scientific knowledge of an intellectual property boutique. The firm’s comprehensive practice advises on patent, copyright, trademark and trade secrets matters in the U.S. and overseas, including:
- Due diligence and IP valuation
- Litigation before state and federal courts, the US. International Trade Commission and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The misappropriation of trade secrets
- The monetization of IP assets
- Professional services agreements
- Patent, trademark and copyright counseling, procurement and enforcement
- Licensing, technology transfer, joint venture and distribution agreements
- Transaction support in mergers, acquisitions and investments, ranging from due diligence to complex valuation issues
Stroock’s Intellectual Property attorneys focus on a company’s creative ideas and products and know they are valuable assets that require protection. The group is adept at performing due diligence for new products with the right to use them without infringing on the intellectual property rights of others. Having strong ties to the financial markets, Stroock is also successful at bridging the gap between a company’s ability to protect scientific and technological developments and an investors’ willingness to finance innovation-based companies.
Stroock clients benefit from working with attorneys who have degrees and experience in the technological sciences. As electrical engineers, computer scientists, chemical engineers and biochemists, Stroock’s Intellectual Property attorneys understand their clients’ businesses and can advise them within all technology disciplines. In order to address clients’ business and legal needs, Stroock’s IP lawyers regularly consult with Stroock’s other practices, including investment management, litigation, insurance, tax, labor and energy.
The firm’s Intellectual Property attorneys are thought leaders who actively write and speak on industry trends and topics. They also participate in industry organizations and associations such as The Patent Law and Practice Committee for the New York Intellectual Property Law Association, The International Trademark Association and The Advisory Board of the Patent Trademark and Copyright Journal.