- Representative Matters
- JUMP TO:
- Representative Matters
Shannon Dudic practices complex litigation with a focus on representing financial services institutions and companies, including national banks, credit card issuers, mortgage lenders and student lenders, in individual and class actions. Ms. Dudic also provides compliance and regulatory advice to clients, including with respect to regulatory exams. She has extensive knowledge of state and federal laws relating to privacy, debt collection, unfair business practices and other consumer protection statutes.
Ms. Dudic has defended clients in state and federal courts nationwide, at both the trial and appellate levels. Additionally, she has represented a variety of clients in film finance and general business disputes.
- Lal v. Capital One Financial Corp., et al., No. 16-cv-06674-BLF, 2017 WL 1345636 (N.D. Cal. Apr. 12, 2017) – On a motion to dismiss, court adopted Stroock's argument on behalf of HSBC restricting statutory damages for pre-2017 violations of California's call recording statute to per action as opposed to per violation, dramatically reducing the value of the alleged claim.
- Miceli v. Staples, Inc., et al. – Successfully represented Citibank, N.A. and Staples, Inc. on appeal before the California Court of Appeal in putative class action challenging enforceability of Citibank’s arbitration agreement.
- Langere v. Verizon Wireless Services, LLC, 2016 WL 5346064 (C.D. Cal. Sept. 23, 2016) – Defeated challenge to Verizon Wireless’ arbitration agreement in a consumer class action.
- McCarn vs. HSBC USA, Inc., 2012 WL 5499433 (E.D. Cal. Nov. 13, 2012) – Prevailed on motion to dismiss claims in putative class action challenging HSBC’s private mortgage insurance practices, defeating the action in full.
- Counsel for HSBC, Discover and Citibank, among others, in multiple class and individual actions in connection with allegations of improper use of auto dialers under the TCPA and challenging recording practices.
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. District Court, Northern District of California; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court, Southern District of California; U.S. District Court, District of Colorado; California Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
J.D., University of California, Davis, School of Law, 2008
B.S., California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 2005
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Names Five New Partners and Special Counsel for 2017
January 5, 2017 |Press Release
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Ninth Circuit Holds That a Party Waives the Attorney-Client Privilege by Voluntarily Disclosing Privileged Documents to Federal Government"
May 15, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin