- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Seamus Curley negotiates, litigates, and counsels clients on government contract matters at the federal, state and local level.
He has litigated in state and federal courts and before administrative forums, including the US Court of Federal Claims, the US Government Accountability Office (GAO), the US Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and the US Small Business Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals (OHA). His work has covered bid protests, size-related protests/appeals, commercial litigation and Contract Disputes Act claims. Mr. Curley also has significant experience in pre-dispute matters, including the preparation and negotiation of contractor requests for equitable adjustment seeking increased compensation or schedule relief under government contracts.
Mr. Curley provides counsel on unique contract terms and conditions, due diligence for mergers and acquisitions involving government contractor targets, domestic preference/country-of-origin, procurement fraud and business ethics/compliance programs.
He also negotiates and drafts subcontracts and teaming agreements, as well as represents contractors responding to government audits or conducting internal investigations. Mr. Curley has experience in the intersection of real property law and government contracts, including the leasing of real property to government agencies and government-funded construction. He frequently publishes and speaks on government contract issues.
Prior to joining Stroock, Mr. Curley was a partner at an international law firm. In addition, he was in private practice in New Jersey, focusing on commercial and real property-related litigation and municipal law. He also served as a judicial law clerk in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Monmouth Vicinage, Criminal Division.
HONORS & AWARDSMr. Curley was named in the 2014 Washington DC Super Lawyers publication as a “Rising Star” in the government contracts field.
He also was named in the 2013 Law360’s “Rising Stars” list, which recognizes lawyers under the age of 40 with impressive legal accomplishments in their respective practice groups. Law360 highlighted his work in the complex intersection of real estate and government contracts law, where he has helped secure key victories for clients in multimillion-dollar procurement matters.
- Member, Public Contract Law Section, American Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Commercial Products and Services Committee
- Guest Lecturer, “Bid Protests in Federal Procurements & Related Cost/Price Issues,” Pricing and Cost Issues in Government Contracts Masters Course, George Washington University, Washington, DC, October 17, 2016
- Guest Lecturer, “Judicial Government Contract Remedies,” Government Contracts Course, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, April 24, 2014
- Adjunct Professor, “Legal Aspects of Contracting,” The Catholic University of America: Metropolitan School of Professional Studies, Washington, DC, Summer Term 2010; 2011
- Guest Lecturer, “Bid Protests in Federal Procurements,” Introduction to Government Contracts Course, The University of Illinois College of Law, Telepresence from Washington, DC, January 5, 2011
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Presenter, "Construction Issues in Federal Leasing," ABA Section of Public Contract Law Annual Meeting, New York, NY, August 11, 2017
- Presenter/Moderator, “Comparative Bid Challenges: Canada, Poland, and the United States,” ABA Section of International Law, Washington, DC, April 28, 2017
- Presenter, “Government Contracts 101: An Overview of U.S. Government Contracts for Non-Government Contracts Attorneys,” Federal Bar Association and MyLawCLE, Webinar, March 2, 2017
- Presenter, “Buy American & Trade Agreements . . . The Rules, Practical Applications, Case Examples & Compliance Strategies,” Government Business Conference for Fortune 10 Multinational Conglomerate, Fort Myers, FL, April 27, 2016
- Panelist, “Innovating by Making the Right Moves When Protesting,” 2013 US General Services Administration & American Counsel for Technology-Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) Acquisition Excellence Seminar, Washington, DC, March 21, 2013
- Co-Presenter, “Debriefings in Federal Procurement: Key Issues and Strategies,” L2 Federal Resources, LLC Webinar, Washington, DC January 31, 2013
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
District of Columbia; New York; New Jersey
U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey; U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Federal Claims
LL.M., with highest honors, The George Washington University Law School, 2008; Government Procurement
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2003
B.S., Boston University, 2000
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Seamus Curley mentioned in “Washington Wrap”
June 9, 2017|As mentioned in: The National Law Journal
Stroock’s Government Affairs Business Unit Adds Noted Litigator and Transaction Advisor Seamus Curley as Partner in Washington, DC
June 5, 2017|Press Release
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"New Reporting Requirements For Foreign Travel and Foreign Contacts by Government Contractors"
July 17, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin