- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
Kim Pagotto practices in the areas of commercial real estate including commercial leasing, government real estate, acquisitions, dispositions, development and finance. She has experience with office, retail, industrial, federal and state agency, telecommunications, utility and multifamily residential projects.
Ms. Pagotto has also developed significant experience in the area of government real estate, particularly GSA leasing. She represents clients all over the United States in all aspects of the GSA and other government agency real estate, including responding to expressions of interest, requests for proposals, Automated Advanced Acquisition Program submissions, lease negotiations, lease administration, audit responses, compliance, and acquisitions, dispositions and financing of individual and portfolio properties with a government component.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSLease Transactions
Ms. Pagotto has represented:
- Columbia Property Trust in ongoing leasing work, such as: Numerous office and retail leases at buildings across the country, including all leasing and related activities at Market Square, a two-building complex, that includes retail, residential, office and a national memorial. Leases at Market Square include an 80,000 square foot lease with Edison Electric Institute, leases for CBS, Ford Motor Company, Bayer, several restaurants and numerous law firms.
- Beacon Capital Partners in ongoing leasing work, such as a 115,000 square foot, 15-year lease with MedStar Health for an outpatient surgical center in downtown DC; a lease for The Philanthropy Roundtable; and multiple leases at 601 New Jersey Avenue in the Capitol Hill submarket, including Amazon, Leavitt Partners, One Medical, Summit and AT&T.
- Multiple Landlords in restaurant and retail leases, with tenants such as The Smith, in its first white tablecloth expansion from New York City to the DC area, and Circa in a new bar/restaurant concept near the Nationals Baseball Stadium.
- Morgan Stanley, TF Cornerstone, Prudential, Rockefeller and numerous others in ongoing leasing work in the DC area.
- Skanska CDUS in ongoing leasing work, including a 114,000 square foot, 16-year lease of a large international law firm for the Washington, DC office (one of only two offices located in the US) of this international law firm.
Ms. Pagotto has represented:
- Owners of trophy and Class A commercial office buildings in Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Boston, Denver, New York and Washington, DC, in leases with the GSA and federal agencies such as the FBI, DOD, Social Security Administration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, TSA, Bureau of Prisons, Census Bureau, Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Department of Education.
- The landlord for an 839,000 square foot, two-building government lease for the Department of Justice, the largest federal government lease in DC since 2002.
- The landlord for a lease to the U.S. Government for ~300,000 square feet of space in the 1,776 foot tall One World Trade Center, which increased the occupancy rate of the 104-story tower to over 50% and marked the long-awaited return of the Government to the World Trade Center site.
- Beacon Capital Partners in a 560,000 square foot lease, and a 350,000 square foot consolidation lease, for multiple divisions of the Department of Defense.
- The landlord for an approximately 100,000 square foot lease with the District of Columbia to serve as the new headquarters for the DC Department on Disability Services.
- Various headquarters leases for government agencies, such as: the Department of State, Diplomatic Security Service in Rosslyn, Virginia; the PBGC at 1200 K Street; the National Park Service at 1201 Eye Street; NASA at Independence Square; and CFTC at Lafayette Centre.
- The owner of a downtown Washington, DC office building in a 250,000-plus square foot lease with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- An owner of a first-class office building in the lease negotiation for the office of a former U.S. President.
- An owner of a northern Virginia portfolio on a multi-lease, multi-building extension package including leases subject to BRAC.
Ms. Pagotto has represented:
- A foreign corporation in its acquisition of majority interests in two premier office properties in Boston, Massachusetts. One building is a 22-story, 475,000 square-foot mixed use office and retail trophy asset and the second is an 11-story, 174,000 square-foot office building, home to WeWork, among other tenants. Together, the properties were valued in excess of $175 million.
- An Israeli company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in establishing a U.S. joint venture with JP Morgan Special Situations Fund and others with respect to Carr Properties, a Washington, DC-based real estate operating company. The newly-created, $1 billion company, with 24 real estate projects at closing, is continuing to invest in and develop office properties in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- A publicly traded REIT in the portfolio disposition of 19 office buildings in the Midwest.
- An international pharmaceutical company on real estate related matters including coordination of local counsel in 15 countries.
- An international telecommunications company on real estate related matters including third party data center leases and telecommunications equipment licenses.
- A major regional petroleum distributor in the acquisition and financing of more than 180 gasoline service stations in the mid-Atlantic region.
- The owner of a suburban Maryland warehouse/industrial space in a 145,000 square foot lease with the Department of Defense.
- The purchase of a multi-state building portfolio with numerous government leases and facilitation of the transfer of the leases through the novation process.
- The lender as local and special government leasing counsel in connection with construction financing for the development of the Department of Transportation headquarters in Washington, DC.
HONORS & AWARDS
Ms. Pagotto has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and nationally recommended by The Legal 500 in the practice area of real estate. She has also been listed in Best Lawyers in the real estate category every year since 2010.
In 2009, Ms. Pagotto was named a "Rising Star" by Georgetown University Law Center's Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute, and in 2007, she was named one of Bisnow's "35 Under 35: Rising Stars of Commercial Real Estate" in Washington, DC.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Michigan Bar Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
District of Columbia; Michigan
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2000
B.A., with honors, University of Michigan, 1996
NEWSBack To Full Bio
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2018
August 15, 2017|Press Release
Stroock Earns Top Tier Rank in 11 Practices by Chambers USA 2017: 30 Leading Attorneys Recognized
June 1, 2017|Press Release
47 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2017
August 15, 2016 |Press Release
Stroock Attorneys and Practices Recommended by The Legal 500 United States 2016
June 15, 2016|Press Release
45 Stroock Partners and Counsel Named to Best Lawyers in America for 2016
August 17, 2015
Jeffrey R. Keitelman Talks to Bisnow About His Move to Stroock
July 10, 2015|As mentioned in: Bisnow
Real Estate team highlighted in "Stroock Lures 8 From DLA Piper For Real Estate Practice"
June 4, 2015|As mentioned in: Law360
Stroock Continues National Expansion with Addition of Eight Real Estate Attorneys in Washington, DC and New York
Firm Adds 23 Attorneys in the Last Six Months Across All OfficesMay 26, 2015
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"July 6th – 'Not So Independent' Day?"
July 11, 2016|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "What Real Estate Cos. Need To Know About CFIUS Reviews"January 5, 2016|Law360
- "CFIUS and The Waldorf Astoria"12/21/2015|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "What Real Estate Cos. Need To Know About CFIUS Reviews"