- Capital Markets/Securities
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Financial Restructuring
- Energy and Project Finance
- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
Jordan M. Rosenbaum’s practice focuses on capital markets and securities, mergers and acquisitions, private and public securities offerings and corporate reorganizations. Mr. Rosenbaum advises public and private companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies and hedge funds, in various types of transactions, including public and private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, going private transactions, financings and capital raising activities, cross-border transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Mr. Rosenbaum's capital markets experience includes representing issuers in IPOs, follow-on equity offerings, Rule 144A offerings and other financing transactions. In addition, Mr. Rosenbaum regularly advises companies and boards of directors on corporate governance and regulatory matters.
Mr. Rosenbaum’s clients include technology, software, industrial, manufacturing, telecom, healthcare and insurance companies, an independent oil refiner and its related, publicly traded master limited partnership (MLP), public and private REITs and other real estate investment firms, as well as private equity and hedge funds, alternative asset managers and family offices.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSMr. Rosenbaum's representative transactions include:
- PBF Energy Inc., a NYSE-listed company, in its recent initial public offering, numerous equity follow-on offerings and high yield secured notes offerings;
- PBF Logistics LP, a NYSE-listed master limited partnership, in its recent initial public offering, numerous equity follow-on offerings and high yield notes offering;
- Brock Fiduciary Services LLC, the independent fiduciary to the United Auto Workers Retiree Medical Benefits Trust (the VEBA), in the sale of the VEBA’s 41.5% interest in Chrysler Group LLC to Fiat S.p.A.;
- Intersections Inc., a NASDAQ-listed company, in securities and corporate governance matters;
- AMETEK Inc., a NYSE-listed company, in various strategic acquisitions;
- Cedar Realty Trust, Inc., a NYSE-listed REIT, in securities related matters;
- EmblemHealth, Inc. in regulatory and corporate matters;
- QinetiQ Group plc in the sale of its indirect U.S. subsidiary QinetiQ North America, Inc. to The SI Organization, Inc., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital;
- Carnegie Fabrics and its principals in the sale of a majority interest of Carnegie Fabrics, a leading family-owned supplier and innovator of sustainable textiles and wallcoverings, to Calera Capital;
- SkyBridge Capital in connection with negotiations with a strategic investor and seed investments in emerging hedge fund managers;
- Second lien noteholder committee of Trump Entertainment Resorts;
- Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (ad hoc bondholder committee and DIP lenders);
- DynCorp International Inc. (ad hoc committee of noteholders/new term loan lenders);
- Mood Media (units offering backstop providers);
- Portola Packaging, Inc. (selling stockholders);
- Caraustar Industries, Inc. (ad hoc bondholder committee);
- Pliant Corp. (ad hoc bondholder committee); and
- American Gaming Group LLC (investor of notes and warrants).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Mr. Rosenbaum has been rated as a "Rising Star" in IFLR1000's 2016 Americas edition of Financial and Corporate Law Firm rankings.
- Mr. Rosenbaum has been nationally recommended by The Legal 500 United States for his work in M&A: Middle-Market in 2015 and 2016.
- Mr. Rosenbaum has been selected as a "New York Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers for 2016, after being named a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers in 2014.
- Mr. Rosenbaum was a recipient of The M&A Advisor's "40 Under 40" award in 2014, which recognizes the emerging industry leaders in M&A, financing and restructuring.
- Fellow, The New York Bar Foundation
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Control Contests
- Co-author, "Watch Out for the Median! SEC Drives Home Final Pay Ratio Disclosure," Stroock Special Bulletin, September 9, 2015
- Co-author, "New York State Authorizes Benefit Corporations," Stroock Special Bulletin, February 1, 2012
- "Activists Upping the Ante in Real Estate," S&P Global, June 21, 2017
- "Activists' Attention Forcing REITs to Spend on Defense," Law360, June 17, 2016
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 2004
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2003; Article Editor, Annual Survey of American Law (2002-2003)
B.A., Columbia College, 2000
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Jordan Rosenbaum quoted in "Activists upping the ante in real estate"
June 21, 2017|As mentioned in: S&P Global Market Intelligence
Stroock Represents AMETEK in Acquisition of MOCON
April 17, 2017|Press Release
90 Stroock Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars”
September 22, 2016|Press Release
Jordan M. Rosenbaum quoted in "Activists' Attention Forcing REITs To Spend On Defense"
June 17, 2016|As mentioned in: Law360
Stroock Attorneys and Practices Recommended by The Legal 500 United States 2016
June 15, 2016|Press Release
Stroock Increases Number of Attorneys and Practices Recommended by The Legal 500 United States 2015
June 3, 2015
Stroock Honored By M&A Advisor At The 13th Annual M&A Advisor Awards
November 24, 2014
Stroock Attorneys Recognized as Super Lawyers and "Rising Stars" in New York, Miami and Southern California
September 23, 2014
Stroock Represents PBF Logistics LP in its Initial Public Offering
May 15, 2014
Stroock Partners Jordan Rosenbaum and Matthew Schwartz Win The M&A Advisor's 5th Annual "40 Under 40 Recognition Awards"
April 30, 2014
Stroock Represents Independent Fiduciary in Sale of 41.5% Interest In Chrysler Group LLC to Fiat S.p.A.
January 21, 2014
Stroock Names Three New Partners
January 7, 2014
Stroock Represents PBF Energy in its Initial Public Offering
December 13, 2012
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Watch Out for the Median! SEC Drives Home Final Pay Ratio Disclosure"
September 9, 2015|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "New York State Authorizes Benefit Corporations"February 1, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
- "New York State Authorizes Benefit Corporations"