- JUMP TO:
Daniel A. Ross is a member of the Firm's Litigation Practice Group. He has extensive experience in private equity, bankruptcy, securities, real estate and complex commercial litigation, including trials (both jury and non-jury) in state and federal courts, appeals, and FINRA arbitrations. Mr. Ross has also represented numerous investment banks, investment managers and hedge funds in disputes involving publically traded debt instruments and securitizations.
- Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- "Dissent in Second Circuit Chesapeake Decision Could Bring Changes to Litigation Over Indenture Terms," Expert Views (Reorg Research Intelligence Alert), January 6, 2015
- "US Oncology and Chesapeake Energy: A Tale of Two Indentures," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, November/December 2013
- "Juror Abuse of the Internet," New York Law Journal, September 8, 2009
- "Ethical Limitations on Online Publicity: Weighing the Risk of Prejudicing Jurors," Privacy and Data Security Law Journal, May 2008
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 1976
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1976; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1976; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
J.D., New York University School of Law, 1975; Member, New York University Law Review
A.B., with honors, Brown University, 1972
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Wins Unanimous Decision for Middle-Class Residents of Trump Village 3, Inc.
December 18, 2014
Daniel A. Ross quoted in "NYC Co-Op Isn't Subject To $21M Tax, Top NY Court Says"
December 17, 2014
As mentioned in: Law360
Stroock Wins Case of First Impression Concerning Exemption to the
Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (“ILSA”)
February 1, 2010
Capital Markets Crisis Group Expansion
April 3, 2008
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Foresight Energy Refinancing Results in Big Win for Stroock’s Clients"
May 2, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Dissent in Second Circuit Chesapeake Decision Could Bring Changes to Litigation Over Indenture Terms”January 6, 2015|Expert Views (Reorg Research Intelligence Alert)
- US Oncology and Chesapeake Energy: A Tale of Two RedemptionsNovember/December 2013|Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law
- "Stroock Wins $21 Million Tax Case Against City of New York"October 11, 2012|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Juror Abuse of the Internet”September 8, 2009|New York Law Journal
- “Ethical Limitations on Online Publicity: Weighing the Risk of Prejudicing Jurors”May 2008|Privacy & Data Security Law Journal
- “Dissent in Second Circuit Chesapeake Decision Could Bring Changes to Litigation Over Indenture Terms”