- Honors & Awards
Daniel Martinez focuses his practice on domestic and international tax planning issues relating to corporate transactions, private investment funds, high-net-worth clients, cross-border transactions, tax-exempt entities, financial restructuring, joint ventures, and business acquisitions.
Mr. Martinez is fluent in Russian.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Tax Law, 2016
- Recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer ‘Rising Star’ for 2013-2017
- Co-author, “REIT Conversions,” PracticalLaw.com, October 2014
- “Untangling the Constructive Ownership Rules for Foreign Entity Information Returns,” Journal of Taxation, September 2012
- “Using Inconsistent Regulations as a Defense Against 5471 Information Reporting Penalties,” Journal of International Taxation, March 2012
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Florida, 2010; New York, 2007
LL.M., New York University School of Law, 2010; Taxation
J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan, 2006
M.B.A., with highest honors, University of Louisville, 2003
B.S., with highest honors, University of Louisville, 2001
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Daniel Martinez quoted in "5 Considerations For Banks Eyeing EB-5 Bridge Lending"
May 26, 2015|As mentioned in: Law360
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Tax Reform: Now it's the Senate's Turn"
November 10, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Overview of the Proposed 'Tax Cuts and Jobs Act' and How it Differs from Current Law"November 6, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- REIT ConversionsOctober 2014|practicallaw.com
- “New IRS Revenue Rulings: Amount and Character of Income on Life Insurance Contracts”May 11, 2009|Stroock Special Bulletin
- “Master Class: The Re-emergence of Master Limited Partnerships for Financial Assets”October 29, 2007|Stroock Special Bulletin
- "Overview of the Proposed 'Tax Cuts and Jobs Act' and How it Differs from Current Law"