- Representative Matters
- Honors & Awards
- Speeches & Events
Dina Kolker focuses primarily on public sector labor relations and commercial litigation, working with some of New York City's largest public employee unions. She also has experience with complex commercial litigation on behalf of commercial and labor clients. Ms. Kolker has represented clients in negotiations, arbitrations, administrative proceedings and litigation in a variety of areas in both state and federal court, including labor, employment, contract, pension issues, and constitutional rights. She has been involved in various collective bargaining-related matters, including binding and non-binding contract arbitration pursuant to the Taylor Law and related court proceedings. Ms. Kolker also contributes to Stroock's Public Employee Law Reports bulletins.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSRepresentative matters in which Ms. Kolker has been involved include:
- Representing one of the City's largest municipal union in contract arbitrations and related mediation and administrative proceedings;
- Representing the municipal union umbrella organization in various health benefits and collective bargaining related matters;
- Successfully representing a coalition of unions, community groups, parents and elected officials in challenging the improper closure of schools in violation of provisions of the State Education law;
- Representing a class of some 48,000 current and former public employees and their unions challenging systemic inaccuracies in the calculation of pension benefits amounting to more than $160 million over the course of decades; and
- Successfully representing a municipal union in its contract arbitration seeking to enforce contractual workplace assignment seniority rules in the context of the unprecedented influx of demoted long-time managerial staff.
HONORS & AWARDSMs. Kolker has been recognized as a "Future Star" by Benchmark Litigation for 2017 and as a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" for 2013-2016. She has also been featured in The New York Times Magazine as one of the top women lawyers in New York State, as recognized by Super Lawyers magazine in its 2013 New York Metro Super Lawyers and "Rising Stars" lists.
- Member, The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, New York County Lawyers' Association
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Speaker, “Labor Relations & Employment Law Committee Meeting,” NYCLA, New York, NY, December 7, 2017
- Co-editor, Stroock Reports: Public Employee Law, analyzing developments on issues relevant to public sector unions
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 2004; New Jersey, 2003
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2004; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2004; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2006
Law Clerk, The Hon. Brian M. Cogan, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2006-2007
J.D., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2003
B.S., Cornell University, 2000; Industrial and Labor Relations
NEWSBack To Full Bio
Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Stroock Lawyers and Litigation Department in its 2018 Guide
October 5, 2017|Press Release
Stroock Recommended Nationwide, in New York and California by Benchmark Litigation 2017 Guide
November 7, 2016|Press Release
Dina Kolker quoted in "Keep an eye on workplace surveillance in public sector"
March/April 2015 |As mentioned in: State Bar News
Ten Stroock Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers "Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area"
March 24, 2014
Stroock Names New Special Counsel
January 17, 2012
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
Stroock Reports – Public Employee Law
Spring 2017|Stroock Reports – Public Employee Law
- "Public Sector Pensions Under Attack"November 7, 2016|New York Law Journal
- Stroock Reports: Public Employee LawSummer 2015|Stroock Reports: Public Employee Law
- Stroock Reports: Public Employee LawFall 2014|Stroock Reports: Public Employee Law
- Stroock Reports: Public Employee LawSummer 2012|Stroock Reports: Public Employee Law
EVENTSBack To Full Bio
NYCLA Labor Relations & Employment Law Committee Meeting
December 7, 2017
NYSBA: Labor and Employment Law Section's Annual Meeting
January 30, 2015
- "Public Sector Pensions Under Attack"