- Representative Matters
- Speeches & Events
Daniel Ginsberg focuses his practice on Chapter 11 proceedings, out-of-court restructuring transactions and multinational insolvency proceedings. He has extensive experience representing both debtors and secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases.
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERSRecent examples of Mr. Ginsberg's creditor representations include:
- Bondholders to Foresight Energy LLC
- A secured lender to LightSquared LP
- Secured lenders to Targus Group International, Inc.
- Bondholders and DIP lenders to Allied Nevada Gold Corp.
- Senior secured lender to RBS/Innovairre
- A steering committee of secured lenders to ATI Education, Inc.
- The agent for the secured lenders to YRC Worldwide, Inc.
- Bondholders to American Oriental Bioengineering, Inc.
- Bondholders to China Medical Technologies, Inc.
- The agent for the secured lenders in the Chapter 11 case of Mid America Agri Products/Horizon, LLC, an ethanol producer
- The agent for the secured lenders in the out-of-court restructuring of an automobile parts manufacturer
- The secured lenders in the Chapter 11 cases of Barzel Industries Inc. and its affiliates
- Various creditors in the Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 and SIPA proceedings
- Financial Guaranty Insurance Company in its restructuring efforts
- Environmental Systems Products Holdings, Inc., a leading emissions testing company, in the out-of-court restructuring of over $600 million of debt
- United Pan-Europe Communications, N.V., a leading European cable and telecommunications company, in connection with its successful restructuring through dual Dutch and U.S. plenary insolvency proceedings
- International Wireless Communications Holdings, Inc. and certain of its affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases
Other significant representations in which Mr. Ginsberg has been involved include the representation of:
- Various aircraft finance parties in the Northwest Airlines Corporation and Delta Air Lines, Inc. Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition lenders in the Trenwick Americas Corporation Chapter 11 case
- Pre- and post-petition secured lenders in the Fleming Companies, Inc. Chapter 11 cases, in which the lenders received payment in full
- The unsecured bank committee in the Reliance Financial Services Corporation Chapter 11 cases
- Pre-petition secured lenders in the Oglebay Norton Chapter 11 cases, in which the lenders received payment in full during the Chapter 11 cases
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, New York State Bar Association
SPEECHES & EVENTS
- Panelist, "The Great DISH Debate," National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges, Tampa, Florida, October 13, 2011
- "Restructuring Limitations Faced by Title IV Educational Institutions," American Bankruptcy Institute, October 2014
- Co-author, "Cross-Border Insolvencies Under US Law: A Further Update," Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, September, October and November 2012 (Three Installments)
- Co-author, A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, 2010
- Co-author, "U.S. Recognition of Non-U.S. Insolvency Proceedings: More Than a Rubber Stamp," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review 2008/09
- Co-author, "Chapter 15 One Year Later: Determining COMI," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review 2007/08
- Co-author, "Practical Advice for Cross-Border Practitioners: Paying Homage to the Prior Recognition Requirement," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2006/07
- Co-author, "Can Bankruptcy Code Limitations on Rejection Damages Be Circumvented by the Use of a Letter of Credit?" The Secured Lender, May/June 2006
- Co-author, "Cross-Border Insolvencies Under United States Law: An Update," Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, October, November and December 2005 (Three Installments)
- Co-author, "The Influence of U.S. Bankruptcy Law in Multinational Restructurings," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2005/06
- Co-author, "Coordinated Multinational Reorganizations in the Absence of a Cross-Border Insolvency Protocol: United Pan-Europe Communications N.V., a Case Study," Euromoney Global Insolvency & Restructuring Yearbook 2004/05
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
New York, 1997
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1997; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1997; U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 2001; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2007
J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 1996
B.A., summa cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis, 1993
NEWSBack To Full Bio
PUBLICATIONSBack To Full Bio
"Foresight Energy Refinancing Results in Big Win for Stroock’s Clients"
May 2, 2017|Stroock Special Bulletin
- A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United StatesOctober 2016
- "Restructuring Limitations Faced by Title IV Educational Institutions"October 2014|American Bankruptcy Institute
- A Guide to the Bankruptcy Law of the United States