PLI's "ERISA: The Evolving World 2013"
PLI New York Center
810 Seventh Avenue (21st floor)
New York, NY 10019
Stroock Special Counsel Marissa Holob will be speaking at PLI's "ERISA: The Evolving World 2013" conference, scheduled for August 5-6, 2013 in New York, NY.
Lawyers, human resources practitioners and other professionals in the area of employee benefits and compensation planning who need an introduction to ERISA should attend the event. PLI's experienced faculty of leading practitioners will discuss a broad array of topics, including the basic regulatory framework, the types of plans covered, the requirements for intended tax treatment, fiduciary responsibilities and other issues relating to the investment of plan assets, how to correct errors and the role of the benefits practitioner in the transactional setting. In addition, attendees will learn:
- Requirements and special rules applicable to different retirement plans
- Specific rules applicable to defined benefit plans and defined contribution plans
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) insurance coverage
- Distributions from qualified plans; reporting and disclosure requirements; fiduciary responsibilities and other aspects of plan investment
- Ethical issues for the practitioner
- Design and operation of 401(k) plans
Ms. Holob's panel "A Grab-Bag of Additional Considerations - Welfare Plans and Health Care Reform, Bankruptcy, Accounting, Employment and Labor Laws and Ethics," will be held on the second day of the conference at 1:30pm.
For more information, please visit http://www.pli.edu/Content/Seminar/ERISA_The_Evolving_World_2013/_/N-4kZ1z12onf?ID=159537&t=DFJ3_3EVWE.